[group-organizers] Iowa PUG

Chad Cooper Chad_Cooper at SWN.COM
Mon Aug 18 15:33:10 CEST 2008

Mike, we just started the first PUG in Arkansas last year. We hit up the
Linux user groups and GIS user groups in AR and the surrounding areas.
You might look on meetup for any of those to contact. If there are
people on meetup interested in starting a PUG, email them. Keep in mind
that you need to be dedicated to make this work, it can be hard to
get/keep people involved, and you may end up shouldering alot of the
work. But its worth it. Our group doesnt meet much, but we do interact
alot on our email list, and we are currently organizing our first
pyArkansas conference (http://pycamp.python.org/Arkansas/HomePage) ,
which is looking good. Also, search the archives for this
group-organizers list, as questions like yours get asked frequently (I
asked the same one years ago :-) )

HTH

chad