[group-organizers] Python Training Classes in Houston/Austin?

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:12:19 CET 2008

Jeff Rush wrote:
> I've been contacted by someone who is seeking Python training classes in
> either the Houston or Austin area, for individuals, i.e. they lack the budget
> to fly in a professional trainer for a corporate training session.
>
> While there are the list of trainers on the page at:
>
>   http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTraining
>
> it can be hard to see whether they are in Houston or Austin.  The person says
> they have found a few classes but they focus heavily on C++ in their Python
> classes and they do not want C++.  Wierd that.

I was notified today that University of Houston and Enfold Systems are
working again to bring me back to Houston to instruct another PyCamp in
September. The PyCamp events are ultra-low cost (around $300 for an
intensive one week class) because they are run as community events
rather than corporate training. Beginning PyCamp is also pure Python for
people who don't know C++. :)

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323