[group-organizers] PyOhio

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 22:29:08 CEST 2008

Group organizers,

I just wanted to give you some encouraging news.  PyOhio, a daylong
regional miniconference, took place in Columbus, OH on Saturday, and
it was a definite success!  We had 9 scheduled talks and 91+
attendees, who seemed very happy with how things went.

Since there has never been a general Ohio Python group, this was
really bootstrapping a community from almost nothing.  It worked!  "If
you build it, they will come."

I'll be thinking a lot over the next few weeks about what can be
learned from it.  I've promised an article to Python Magazine
describing what we did; I'll let you know when it's published.  You
can also read some of the traffic on pyohio-organizers at python.org,
where we're discussing how it went and why.

We are definitely making it an annual event.
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/