[group-organizers] Anyone interested in a Python Users Group?

Stephen Waterbury waterbug at pangalactic.us
Tue Nov 25 15:59:55 CET 2008

John Szakmeister wrote:
> I'm looking to start one in Columbia, Maryland.  I've already spoken
> with the Howard County Central Library, and am getting ready to
> reserve the room.  Just looking for some interest so that I can
> honestly say we expect to have 10 people or more. :-)
>
> Let me know if you're interested!
>
> -John

Hi John,

You're free to start a new group, of course, but there is one
in your area: the BACON-PIG (Baltimore, Columbia, and Other
Northern DC suburbs Python Interest Group :).  The BACON-PIG is
newly formed, and had its first meeting on October 23 at the
Goddard Space Flight Center's Visitor Center in Greenbelt, MD.
Current plan is to have the next BACON-PIG meeting on January
19th at the Visitor Center.  If you'd like to propose a
BACON-PIG meeting at the Howard County library, please feel
free to do so on the bacon-pig mailing list (see below) and
on python-announce (to see if new people might be interested).

The BACON-PIG site is here:

http://pangalactic.us/bacon-pig

Mailing list: