[group-organizers] Newbie

Stephan Deibel (PSF) sdeibel at python.org
Thu Apr 2 15:57:21 CEST 2009

Tyler Durden wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to start a local group. There are some directives that I
> should follow? Can I use the Python logo or change it for my site?

You can use the logo for user groups w/o any problem.  See the policy:
http://www.python.org/psf/trademarks

For the unaltered logo, your use would be nominative so OK.  For
a derived logo, the policy says "Use of derived logos for user groups
and conferences -- Allowed if used to refer to the Python programming
language. Commercial user groups and for-profit conferences require
permission from the PSF."

If you have any doubts, email your intended use to psf at python dot org.

- Stephan