[group-organizers] Teach me X

David Christian david.christian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:06:04 CEST 2009

Hi all,

We just had a lightning talk evening here in NYC.  The format was very
well received - I think people were looking for a way to get more
involved.  I think there is a minimum size for your group before this
type of format works though; we tried it last year when we had about
10 people showing up regularly and it was not successful at all.
There's a lot of energy in the group right now, and several people
suggested trying to duplicate Steve Holden's patented "Teach me
twisted" or "Teach me web testing" format.

Has anyone had success duplicating this at their group?  My concern
would be that the group, not being self-selecting in the same way,
might have trouble finding a topic about which to do  the "teach me"
session.

Thoughts?

Dave