[group-organizers] Meetup fees...

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Mon Mar 23 05:54:12 CET 2009

Brad Allen wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Michael March <mmarch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In min 2007 when I started the Phoenix, AZ Python UG (SunPiggies) someone
>> on
>> this list (I think) told me that I could get reimbursed for the Meetup
>> fees.
>> Of course I never bothered to find out the procedure of how to do that so
>> I've been paying the $17 a month.
>
> Meetup.com has also been an effective advertising vehicle for the Dallas
> group. Hopefully the PSF will agree to foot the bill; you can find info
> about how to contact them at <http://www.python.org/psf/about/>.

I am in contact with Meetup.com to see how this can be managed and then will
bring it up to the PSF board.  They were agreeable a year ago but the details
of -how- have never been worked out.  I'll pursue that during PyCon next week
where the board will be available.  I'm also running for the board so I should
be able to get some kind of answer.

-Jeff