[group-organizers] meetup.com rsvp raffle script

Andrew Schoen andrew.schoen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:24:03 CEST 2012

Hey all,

We started raffling off books at our presentation meetings so I put
together a simple little script that pulls a list of RSVPs from
meetup.comand randomly picks a person to win.  It just prints their
name to terminal
and then opens up their meetup.com avatar in a browser.  Kinda a cool
little way to raffle prizes and drive RSVPs.

I think the meetup.com api wrapper we're using is specific to PythonKC, but
it should be easy to change to your own account.

Just thought I'd share, hope it's useful.

https://github.com/pythonkc/pythonkc-raffler
https://github.com/pythonkc/pythonkc-meetups

Andrew Schoen
@andrewschoen