[group-organizers] Script to announce events

Mathieu Leduc-Hamel marrakis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:41:51 CET 2012

Hi Tim, Talking about Pelican, we, Montreal-Python, are switching also from
wordpress to Pelican and we'll quite certainly tried to do something to
post stuff on different services. Do you already have something done ?

We'll work on it tonight probably cause it's our first Project Night or
like it seems to be called Pnight.

Thanks :)

Mathieu

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Tim Flink <tim at tirfa.com> wrote:

> On 12/02/2012 12:01 AM, Éric Araujo wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I’m a Python core developer and a member of the Montréal-Python
>> organization team.  I heard about this list at PyCon Canada thanks to
>> Jessica McKellar and I just subscribed.  I’m looking forward to discuss
>> about community building and learn things!
>>
>> In this first message, I would like to ask if any of you are using some
>> tool to automate sending announcements to various systems.  For our
>> monthly meetings, we end up doing these things manually:
>> - send bilingual email to our mailing list
>> - add markup to that text, remove greetings and publish it to our blog
>> as two posts
>> - post a short blurb with a link on our LinkedIn group
>> - post a short blurb with a link on our Facebook page
>> - post a shorter blurb and link on our Twitter account
>> - update our Google calendar
>> - update Free Software calendar (a website)
>>
>> I’m sure other user groups do something similar.  Do you automate these
>> tasks, and if yes, using what tool?
>>

> At PySprings, we were looking into doing something like that but the
> pieces haven't been coming together very fast.
>
> I'm in the process of moving our site from a somewhat problematic php
> framework to Pelican (http://blog.getpelican.com/) and I'd like to hack
> in twitter posts, meetup updates and a mailing list announcement into the
> site update process but I doubt that we'd be done with that in any
> timeframe that would be useful to you.
>
> If you find a solution to automate all that, please let us know. I'd be
> interested in hearing about it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

Mathieu Leduc-Hamel