[group-organizers] Let's chat about how your group can be more newcomer-friendly and diverse

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Oct 17 00:59:51 CEST 2013

Hello, lovely group organizers!

Do you want to organizer newcomer-friendly events, such as an open
hack night aka Project Night? Do you want help making your pool of
speakers more diverse? Do you want help getting your Meetup.com fees
reimbursed?

Thanks to the PSF (*), I am available to help you with that! (For free! (+))

(If you're curious about my background, I've been doing similar
outreach-oriented things with open source projects and Python user
groups for a few years now.)

I find that the best way to move forward on these things to have us
get to know each other, by having group organizers chat with me via
video/audio.

So visit http://asheesh.youcanbook.me/ and let's set aside a time, and
you can tell me all about your user group. I would love to know how it
is going!

And I'm aiming to aggregate some of that wisdom into a guide here:
http://user-groups-beta.openhatch.org/

-- Asheesh.

*. https://openhatch.org/blog/2013/psf-funds-openhatch-to-reach-out-to-and-help-python-user-groups/

+. If you feel like donating to OpenHatch, that's fine. But anyway I
wrote "for free" because otherwise maybe people might be confused. It
is indeed for free. I'm here to help.