[group-organizers] Python pub quiz

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Tue Feb 4 07:57:59 CET 2014

Hi all,

at our next user group meeting (http://pycologne.de) I'd like to
organize a Python-themed pub quiz.

Has anybody ever done this? I'm currently collecting ideas for quiz
questions and tasks for the teams. If you have any good suggestions, I
would be very grateful to hear them!

I'm planning to have three rounds of about 8-10 questions each, for example:

* Normal text questions (short answer or multiple choice)
  * History of python
  * Knowledge about language features (e.g. "How many immutable types
are there in the language core? Name them all.")
  * Different Python implementations

* Multimedia supported questions (images, videos, audio):
  * recognize people, software logos
  * attribute quotes
  * ...?

* Code and algorithms:

  * Find the bug in the code
  * Name the standard library module that contains the shown code fragment
  * Predict the output of the shown code (without running it)
  * Find Python 2/3 incompatibilities

If you have any pointers where I can find collections of trivia
information about Python, historical info, sources of audio and video
material, etc. please let me know!

Cheers, Chris