[group-organizers] Child Care for Python events?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Aug 3 16:26:29 CEST 2015

I'm following up to myself to bring up the topic of liability since it is
something Brian R. asked about on the public/private thread as something
he'd be concerned due to liability.

At ps1, we have a policy of no minors unless they are accompanied by a
parent or guardian or in special cases voted on by the board [1]. We have
this policy for various reasons including how expensive insurance coverage
would be for allowing minors in the space. If something happens, the
official policy would be the record to direct lawyers to.

We haven't worked out whether we'll have an event with childcare. If we do,
the consensus gathering so far has been that we'll hire a company that
handles childcare. These companies have their own insurance, and are
experts and can answer our questions. If something bad happens, we can
direct lawyers to the contract we'd sign with the childcare providers.

[1] https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Policy_on_Minors

[2] https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Talk:Childcare#Insurance_Issues

shekay at pobox.com