[group-organizers] RSVPs

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Jun 11 15:32:44 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Jason Wirth <wirth.jason at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know this is the $64,000 question, but who such a high percentage of
> no-shows?
>
> With 300 ppl in attendance but a <50% attendance rate why not charge a
> refundable RSVP fee? I guess at some point there s a tipping point between
> quality and quantity.

Do like the Boston group does and determine the no-show percentage, order
food accordingly, have a fall-back if the percentage is out of wack so that
you can quickly order some extra food.

You can usually tell if there is a special meeting where you will get an
uptick in attendance, like, if you have Big Name from Big Company.

shekay at pobox.com