[GSoC-general] Please welcome our first sub-org, Dipy!

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Tue Feb 2 02:15:59 EST 2016

We've got our first ideas page from the fine folk at Dipy!

Interested in science, health, algorithms and python? Dipy might be an
interesting sub-org for you!

Dipy is a free and open source software project for computational
neuroanatomy, focusing mainly on diffusion magnetic resonance imaging
(dMRI) analysis. It implements a broad range of algorithms for
denoising, registration, reconstruction, tracking, clustering,
visualization, and statistical analysis of MRI data.

They worked with us last year, so you're getting a chance to work with
mentors who've got some experience with the program, which often makes
things go more smoothly!

Check out their ideas page  here:
https://github.com/nipy/dipy/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2016

And don't forget that it's still a work in progress.

Speaking of works in progress, I've also updated the main Python GSoC
page with a whole pile of new resources and information for students and
mentors.  Check it out here:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2016

  Terri