[GSoC-general] Question about Google Summer of Code 2017

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Mon Aug 15 02:31:45 EDT 2016

On 2016-08-09 6:23 AM, iCloud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very interested in participating in Google Summer of Code for next
> year and I am very interested in Python. However I am not really sure
> what the best way to start and where I can already start to contribute.
> Can you guide me in the right direction if you can?

It's a bit early for *us* to be thinking about 2017: we want to make
sure we're concentrating on our 2016 students right to the end!  So you
won't see any new instructions up for 2017 for another few months.

But that doesn't mean it's too early for *you*.

What you can do right now is read the 2016 documentation and all the
FAQs on the website, since getting started doesn't change too much year
from year.  The getting started section is here:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2016#Getting_Started

But really, just read the whole page.  Other than the dates and
deadlines and what specific sub-orgs are involved, most of the
information will apply to you.

https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2016

Good luck!

  Terri