[GSoC-general] Guidance

Himanshu Mishra himanshu2014iit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:35:58 EDT 2016

Hello Kushagra,

I'd recommend you a brief reading of the SummerOfCode wiki[1][2][3]. Almost
all of the [sub]-organizations listed on the page have their Home page and
Ideas page referenced. If any of the Org matches your interests, you can
start with their "Development Workflow" page and have a look on their (bug)
issue tracker. If any of the ideas listed on their ideas page fascinates
you, you should check out the work that has been done already in the
particular GSoC and then feel free to contact the mentor with your queries.

Be patient. GSoC 2016 got over a while ago, and the mentors might not be
available right away. :)

If you have any more queries, do ask.

[1]. https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2016
[2]. https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2015
[3]. https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2014

Regards,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:11 PM Kushagra Agrawal <kushagra106 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Developers;
>
> I am new to the world of Open Source Development and would like to
> contribute. I am fluent in C++,Python and have implemented standard data
> structures and algorithms using it. It would be great if you can get me
> started. Thank you.
>
> Kushagra Agrawal

Himanshu Mishra
Third Year Undergraduate