[GSoC-general] Guidance_GSoC

deep tavker tavkerdeep at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 05:37:36 EDT 2016

Dear developers,

It's been a while since I started preparing for GSoC and as guided by
senior developers like you people, I started looking at organisations and I
finally decided I wanted to so GSoC with python. I also narrowed it down to
SciPy.

I've been trying to fix the bugs from the issues page (Github) of SciPy but
I am not being able to distinguish between a simple bug and a complex one.
Some guidance on that front would really help. And in general, some advice
on what kind of generic topics should one learn to get started/better at
open source dev.

Thank you,
Deep