[GSoC-general] Getting involved (Beginner)

piyush goel piyushgoel997 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 02:40:50 EST 2016

Dear developer,
I am Piyush an Electrical and Electronics Engineering student from DTU,
India.
I'm new to open source and the Python foundation as well, but I want to get
involved. I tried contacting the org through irc but wasn't able to talk to
anyone, so I'm writing this mail.
I have knowledge of java, Python and c.
I found the sci kit learn project interesting.
I have no prior knowledge of machine learning but I am genuinely interested
in machine learning and would love to learn about it by getting involved in
the project.
So can you please give me a small task in this project or even any other
project, to help me get started.
Thanks.