[GSoC-general] Introduction

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Thu Mar 2 12:19:46 EST 2017

On 2017-03-02 2:07 AM, Pranjal Bhansali wrote:
> Hello developers,
> I am a student pursuing my Graduate degree from India and have love for
> programming.
> I have a good hands on with Python language and would like to contribute
> to the open source projects for organisations that have participated in
> GSOC-2017. Can anybody help me on how should I go about it or how should
> I talk to mentors about my Project proposal.

Start here:

http://python-gsoc.org/#gettingstarted

The short version: choose a sub-org that you'd like to work with, and
then use the contact information provided to get in touch.  This list
theoretically reaches all mentors, but in practice you'll tend to get
much better responses from people when you're asking more
project-specific questions (We all get kind of burned out on answering
"how do I start?" over and over again)

  Terri