[GSoC-general] GSOC Students Application

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Thu Feb 22 23:20:53 EST 2018

On 2018-02-18 5:13 AM, Alok Sharma wrote:
> The issue is that even if I apply for your project, the chances of
> getting selected is almost none because of my poor profile. The problem
> is that I have not contributed to any huge project like yours and
> neither I have developed any concrete project before. I am not asking
> you any free favor's, I just ask you to give me a task and I will try to
> complete that before the student's registration begins. If I complete
> that task my only request is that you would consider me equally valid
> student just like another experienced student and if I fail in
> completing this task I won't be a headache to your project.

Hi Alok,

Python has a *lot* of different projects organized under different
sub-orgs.  Each project has different requirements listed on their
pages.  You should look through the sub-orgs to find ones that suit your
talents.

The sub-org info pages are here:
http://python-gsoc.org/#ideas

Note that figuring out what projects might suit your talents and
interests is part of how you demonstrate that you're ready for GSoC, so
if you're serious about making a good impression, this is your first
task! There's no right or wrong answer to what you *want* to do.

There's a getting started section here that you may also find useful
when it comes to more coding-related tasks:
http://python-gsoc.org/#gettingstarted

Good luck!

  Terri