[GSoC-general] Idea for Intractive visualization library in Python, which will work in IPython notebook and any Python web application framework

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:20:57 EST 2019

Hi Shekhar,

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 10:11 AM Shekhar Rajak <shekharrajak.1994 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Myself Shekhar (GSoC 2016 - SymPy and GSoC 2017 - SciRuby student
> developer). In this thread, I just want to discuss my idea about a new
> python library of dat visualiztion.
> we can see that there are good plotting libraries present for Python.  But
> for web application we usually want a smooth and interactive charts/graphs
> for better UI and UX. In those cases, developers are switching to
> JavaScript plotting libraries  (I personally like Googlecharts
> <https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery>and
> Highcharts <https://www.highcharts.com/demo> ).

There are several high quality and actively developed libraries for this in
Python already. Please check out Bokeh, Plotly and Altair. Starting a new
project is not feasible for a GSoC project.

Note that this general list is not for these ideas - instead you should
talk to the developers of a project directly. Please look at the projects I
mentioned, and if you are interested in one of them, ask on that projects'
mailing list.

Cheers,
Ralf