[GSoC-general] Question about joining 'StarKit' suborg

Sharan Narasimhan sharan.n21 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 02:22:15 EDT 2019

I am interested in submitting a proposal for GSOC 19 for the
suborg StarKit, And I have questions regarding this paragraph:

*Your first objective if you choose to accept the mission: Go to Dustmaps
and install the software. Make a function that takes the inputs: sky
coordinates in Right Ascension (RA) and Declination (Dec), and distance.
The function should return a value for extinction, E(B-V). There are
several examples that will help you here: *

It says on your guidelines for proposal page that we are required to submit
a pull request link for a patch/ issue for the same suborg. Is the above
para to be implemented in place of this patch requirement? Or do we have to
implement this and also the patch request ?

Sharan Narasimhan