[I18n-sig] SF codecs project and discussion lists

Tom Emerson tree@basistech.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:13:58 -0500 (EST)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > Is there really a need to have two "public forums" on SF? I'd rather
 > prefer to have a single focussed mailing list, as i18n-sig is. So I'd
 > recommend to turn-off a number of the SF toys, namely: public forums,
 > tech support manager, doc manager, mailing lists, surveys. If contents
 > becomes available for those, it should be easy to turn them on again,
 > but at the moment, I think we can do fine without them - unless the
 > i18n-sig home page is to move completely off python.org, along with
 > the mailing list.

I agree with this, except for the doc manager: there will certainly be
documents directly related to codec issues that should be in the SF
forum.

    -tree

Zenkaku Language Hacker                            http://www.basistech.com