[I18n-sig] ms932codec released

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:12:17 +0900

Hi there,

Atsuo Ishimoto has released the ms932codec package that provides
a codec for CP932 (Japanese Shift JIS encoding with Microsoft's
extensions).  The package is available at:

  http://www.gembook.org/python/ms932codec-0.1.1.tgz

The codec is implemented in C, so I believe it will be a major
contribution to implementors of multi-byte codecs.

Mr. Ishimoto has also an intension of contributing his work to
the Python Codecs project.  I've checked in the package to the
CVS repository.

(To the Python Codecs project admins: a garbage directory
practicecodecs/ms932codecs/ms932codecs was created due to my
wrong CVS operations.  Please remove it completely if possible.)

Regards,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>