[I18n-sig] Re: Patch 101320: doc strings

Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:29:58 +0200

> Not sure.  I think you and Francois do, so I'll defer.  One issue is
> for 3rd party modules, and for modules that migrate into the core.  At
> the very least, 3rd party modules will /not/ be in the "python"
> domain, but if they are migrated into the core, that may change.

Indeed, having a single textual domain for all extensions would not be
feasible; they certainly will have their own domain.

> I sent out a message about a file system layout for including the
> files in the nondist tree of the CVS repository.  Did you read that
> message Martin?

Just to repeat the proposal here, it was

nondist/i18n/
    po/
        docstrings.pot
        docstrings-de.po
    de/LC_MESSAGES/
        docstrings.mo

> What did you think?

I'd do (replace-regexp "docstrings" "python") now, but apart from
that: sounds good to me. I'll extract the strings from the official
2.0b1, then try to create this structure.

Regards,
Martin