[I18n-sig] BOF session on IPC9 DevDay about this ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:31:38 +0100

Paul Prescod wrote:

> Are those BOFs ever useful? Everybody goes in with good intentions and
> leaves with good intentions and nothing happens...a good email war
> culminating in one or more PEPs seems more useful to me...the result is
> concrete.

I just think that it might be a good idea since people usually don't
have the time to read all the mails on high traffic threads like
these.

It is still useful to get some feedback from them, since
the few participants in this thread are not representative for
the typical i18n Python user and it is very likely that some
aspects are simply forgotten due to a limited view on the
implications of a proposal (believe me, I've made that experience
more than once during the Unicode integration phase).

Anyway, was just a thought.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg