[I18n-sig] Python and Unicode == Britain and the Euro?

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:43:04 -0000

> The more I look at I18N in VB.NET, the more impressed I am.
> It has no language restrictions on variable names etc.
>
>     Protected Sub Form1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs)
>         Dim ? As String
>         Dim font As New System.Drawing.Font("Batang", 10)
>
>         ? = "??"
>
>         TextBox1.Text = ?
>     End Sub
>
> Each "?" is an ideograph. It seems to "just work".

That is good news.  I'm still on Visual Studio 6, MS Office 2000
and Win2000, and was still busy being impressed that I could
write Word docs in Japanese.  I'd better do some catching up!

- Andy