[I18n-sig] Codec licenses

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 02:14:15 +0900

Guido van Rossum wrote:

| > If possible, I'd like to utilize two different licenses: the
| > GNU GPL for JapaneseCodecs as a separate package, and another
| > license for the composite package that includes JapaneseCodecs
| > as its part.
|
| I don't know the composite package -- is that also yours?

No, there is no such a package (yet).  Once in this list,
someone gave an idea of releasing a composite codecs package as
a product of the i18n SIG.  That is what I called "the composite
package".

| If not, you
| will have to give the author or distributor of that package explicit
| permission to include JapaneseCodecs with a different license.

Yes.  I'm quite sure that I will give the permission if
required.

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>