[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs and the license

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:30:05 -0700

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Great... this is very good news ! I just wish some of the
> other codec authors would follow your example. Anyway,
> your move will certainly improve the usability of Python in Asia.

Frank Chen has agreed to do the same for Chinese codecs. I asked him if
he would do so a few days ago. He sent me a zipfile with a license that
is:

"It is licensed under the same license as Python 2.1."

I can send this zipfile on to you, MAL and you could look them over and
then if they meet your approval you could check them into the codecs
directory. Does that sound good?

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.