[I18n-sig] Re: pygettext.py extraction of docstrings

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:52:35 -0400

    >> But the po-file format documentation doesn't say that
    >> additional flags can be defined for #, comments.  It seems to
    >> me a simple omission in the documentation, right?  Is the
    >> intent of #, flags that the extraction tools can define
    >> additional, language-specific flags?

    MvL> I'd say that nobody has thought of that. Bruno is probably
    MvL> the person to give a definitive yay or nay here, but I'd hope
    MvL> that tools shouldn't go into flames if they see an extra
    MvL> flag. Atleast GNU msgmerge does not show any concern.

    MvL> Of course, it would be better if this possibility could be
    MvL> codified somewhere, and if gettext.texi could serve as the
    MvL> repository of well-known flags - even if they don't all have
    MvL> a meaning to GNU gettext. Adding such documentation is
    MvL> probably an issue of submitting patches against gettext.texi.

I'm trying to close this issue out (along with the associated SF
patch).  Since I haven't heard otherwise from Bruno, I'm going to
change the output to produce "#, docstring" flags.

-Barry