[I18n-sig] International Components for Unicode

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:18:34 +0200

Tom Emerson wrote:

> The one thing from ICU that would be useful is the plethora of
> encoding tables it comes with. If we had support for their tables we
> would have access to several hundred (last I checked they had over 600
> encodings) encodings immediately available, and they would be
> responsible for updating them.

While this would be nice to have, the size of ICU will prevent
any inclusion in the Python core. However, wrapping all or parts
of the lib to integrate them into the existing Python i18n support
would certainly be a project worth trying.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH