[I18n-sig] UCS-4 configuration

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:09:27 +0200

martin wrote:
> > go ahead and check it in.
>
> Done. Some clean-up could be still applied, such as defining only one
> of USE_UCS4_STORAGE and Py_UNICODE_SIZE, but I'll leave that to your
> judgement (i.e. I won't attempt any further changes at the moment
> unless asked).

after a good night's sleep, I'm not sure Py_UNICODE_SIZE should
be used for feature selection (especially not SIZE == 4).

I'd rather see a separate define for UCS-2/UTF-16 vs. UCS-4, which
works no matter what the exact sizes are (as long as Py_UCS4 is at
least 32 bits, and Py_UCS2 is at least 16 bits, of course).

(how about PY_UNICODE_WIDE?)

(and what's the deal with Py_ vs PY_ prefixes, btw?)

</F>