[I18n-sig] Unicode implementation of python

Taquin Ho taquin.ho@projectplace.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:22:43 +0200

Thanks, I know, but the standard version does not seem to have all the =
unicode build.

site.py gives an attribute error when it tries to execute =
sys.setdefaultencoding(...).
See code from site.py:
   if encoding !=3D "ascii":
       # On Non-Unicode builds this will raise an AttributeError...
       sys.setdefaultencoding(encoding) # Needs Python Unicode build !

Once again, anyone know how to activate the unicode support, without =
having to do an=20
x.encode('latin-1') manually for each string?

/ Taquin