[I18n-sig] Japanese input in Tkinter

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
24 Jun 2002 20:44:21 +0200

Fredrik Hugosson <fredrik.hugosson@decuma.se> writes:

> So now i wonder... I have tried to get the python installation to run
> the 8.4 dlls but it won't use them, FixTk finds them but when printing
> the version at the start o tkinter.py I see that 8.3 is used. I guess I
> need a new _tkinter too. Anyone know how to do this?

You need to download the source code of Python (_tkinter.c and the
headers is enough), and recompile _tkinter.pyd. Make sure you point
MSVC to the right include directory (for the Tcl headers) and update
the linker invocation. You do all this by editing the _tkinter project
file with the MSVC GUI.

Regards,
Martin