[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs 1.4.8 released

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:46:24 +0900

Tamito KAJIYAMA <kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp> writes:

| The only one reason for choosing the Microsoft mapping is that
| it seems better.  The Consortium's mapping has a problem that
| both 0x5c and 0x815f in Shift_JIS are mapped to U+005c, which
| is in turn mapped to 0x5c in Shift_JIS.  In other words, the
| Consortium's mapping is one-to-many.  On the other hand, the
| Microsoft's mapping is one-to-one.  There is no conversion
| problem like the one in the Consortium's mapping.  That's why
| I think the Microsoft's mapping is better.

One addition: the mapping used in Java is also one-to-one so
that it may be another candidate.  I'm not sure at the moment
which mapping should be picked.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>