[I18n-sig] Help with getText lib

Michel Martin michel.martin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Dec 11 23:54:50 EST 2003

>> I have difficulty using getText. In fact, I'm able to create my .po
>> files and my .mo files. But I'm not able to read/retrieve them using
>> either "gettext.install(...)" or "gettext.find(...)".
>
>Did you set the LANG= environment variable? If not, you should
>explicitly specify the target language, e.g. by defining
>
>def _(msg):
>    return gettext.translation('dev',r'c:\foo\bar','en').ugettext(msg)

I tried to set the LANG= environment variable and I tried

|   def _(msg):
|       return
gettext.translation('dev','c:\dev\locale','en').ugettext(msg)

and I always get this eception:

|   IOError(ENOENT, 'No translation file found for domain', domain)

Any idea? Is there an application I could download and see how they
handle this in their code? Or is it a bug with the locale and Windows
instead of Unix?

Thanks in advance,
Michel