[I18n-sig] Re: CJKCodecs 0.9 is released

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
11 Jun 2003 07:25:02 +0200

Hye-Shik Chang <perky@fallin.lv> writes:

> I don't think CJKCodecs can replace Chinese and JapaneseCodecs immediately.
> But, CJKCodecs will be remain useful in respect of abililty to support
> inter-cjk encodings like ISO-2022-JP-2 and ISO-2022-INT-1.

This is an interesting summary. Can you produce another comparison,
showing the differences in output of these codecs? Particular
interesting might be cp932, euc-jp, iso-2022-jp, big5, and gb2312.
For these, please find out
a) which characters are encoded in one codec that are not encoded
   in the other (i.e. Unicode code point -> encoding)
b) which characters are decoded in one codec that are not decoded
   in the other (i.e. encoding -> Unicode code point)
c) which characters are encoded differently
d) which characters are decoded differently

Regards,
Martin