[I18n-sig] Register now! 1 week to go! Prague I18n and Unicode Conference

Tex Texin Tex Texin <tex@XenCraft.com>
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:53:26 -0500

 Register now! > Just 1 week to go! > Register now! > Just 1 week to go!
        NEWSFLASH: Bring your books to the Conference! (see below)

     Twenty-third Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC23)
      Unicode, Internationalization, the Web: The Global Connection
                    http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23
                           March 24-26, 2003
                        Prague, Czech Republic

NEWS

 > Meet industry leaders in Prague and discuss the hot topics for
   internationalization and Unicode in 2003! Check out the updated
   Conference program ( http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23/program.html )
   which includes abstracts of talks and speakers' biographies.
   Register while there's still time via the Conference Web site at
   http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23/registration.html .

 > Sign up for the Workshop on Managing Localization Projects, organized
   by XenCraft, and taking place in the same venue on 27 March -- See:
   http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23

 > Bring your books to the Prague Internationalization and Unicode Conference!
   Internationalization industry pundits Don DePalma, Bill Hall, and Michael
   Kaplan will be available for book signings at noon in the SHOWCASE
   Exhibition area on Tuesday March 25. Bring your copy of their books or
   articles to the conference to have them autographed, or pick up their
   latest works right at the SHOWCASE. This is your chance to meet and
   greet these authors.

 > Attend the new Showcase to find out more about products supporting
   the Unicode Standard, and products and services that can help you
   globalize/localize your software, documentation and Internet content.

 > Be an Exhibitor! Show off your product at the premier technical conference
   worldwide for both software and Web internationalization.
   See: http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23/showcase.html

CONFERENCE PROGRAM

   The conference features tutorials, lectures, and panel discussions
   that provide coverage of standards, best practices, and recent
   advances in the globalization of software and the Internet.
   See the program: http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23/program.html

GLOBAL COMPUTING SHOWCASE

   For the first time, we will have an Exhibitors' track as part of the
   Conference, in addition to the updated Showcase Exhibition.

   For more information, please visit the Web site at:
   http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23/showcase.html

   Showcase participants include:

   Agfa Monotype Corporation
   Alchemy Software Development Ltd.
   Basis Technology Corporation
   Moravia IT
   Multilingual Computing, Inc.

CONFERENCE VENUE & ACCOMMODATION

    The Conference will take place in lovely, historic Prague:

     Marriott Prague Hotel
     V Celnici 8
     Prague, 110 00
     Czech Republic

     Tel:  (+420 2) 2288 8888
     Fax:  (+420 2) 2288 8889

     For a selection of hotels in the area see:
     http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23/accommodation.html

     For travel information see:
     http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc23/travel.html

CONFERENCE SPONSORS

   Agfa Monotype Corporation
   Basis Technology Corporation
   Microsoft Corporation
   Moravia IT
   Sun Microsystems, Inc.
   World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT

   Global Meeting Services Inc.
   8949 Lombard Place, #416
   San Diego, CA 92122, USA

   Tel: +1 858 638 0206 (voice)
        +1 858 638 0504 (fax)

   Email: info@global-conference.com
      or: conference@unicode.org

THE UNICODE CONSORTIUM

The Unicode Consortium was founded as a non-profit organization in
1991. It is dedicated to the development, maintenance and promotion
of The Unicode Standard, a worldwide character encoding.  The Unicode
Standard encodes the characters of the world's principal scripts and
languages, and is code-for-code identical to the international
standard ISO/IEC 10646. In addition to cooperating with ISO on the
future development of ISO/IEC 10646, the Consortium is responsible
for providing character properties and algorithms for use in
implementations. Today the membership base of the Unicode Consortium
includes major computer corporations, software producers, database
vendors, research institutions, international agencies and various
user groups.

For further information on the Unicode Standard, visit the Unicode
Web site at http://www.unicode.org or e-mail <info@unicode.org>

Unicode(r) and the Unicode logo are registered trademarks of Unicode,
Inc. Used with permission.