[Idle-dev] IDLE plans

Robin Friedrich Robin.Friedrich@pdq.net
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:18:43 -0600

After reviewing the TODO.txt file I've come up with a few items of
improvement.
(Eventhough I love IDLE already and use it all the time.)

Things I'd like to see:
    - I'd like support for shift-click extending the selection. There's a
bug now that
      it doesn't work the first time you try it.
    - Printing is needed. How hard can that be on Windows?
    - The python-mode trick of autoindenting a line with <tab> is neat and
very handy.
    - (someday) a spellchecker for docstrings and comments.
    - a pagedown/up command key which moves to next class/def statement (top
level)
    - split window capability
    - DnD text relocation/copying

Things I don't want to see.
    - line numbers...  will probably slow things down way too much.
    - Please use another icon for the tree browser leaf. The small snake
isn't cutting it.

Ciao