[Idle-dev] idleFork 0.7 tgz file

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei@adtranzsig.de
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:43:09 +0200

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Peter Schneider-Kamp" <peter@schneider-kamp.de>
> Do you have any ideas on the direction idlefork should/could be
> heading in? I don't really have that many of them:

How about a macro facility?
E.g., some menu bar that is independent of  the IDLE main window,
thus, permanently floating somewhere, with a python function attached
to each entry in it, and one top entry saying "ChangeThis", so clicking on
it would warp you into the script that defines the macros.
Alternatively, as a local (right-click) menu. (How do Macs handle that
without a right mouse button???)

Or, a key-reinterpreting python script with some useful completions,
like, typing "if " in an empty line would automatically expand to
   if :
   else:
etc.

If IDLE has already grown one or the other macro facility,
forgive me, it's been a while since i last used it.

And finally, Bicycle Repair Man (the Python refactoring browser)
comes to mind - could an integration
between BRM and IDLE make sense? I suppose BRM is mainly
confessed with parsing, maybe using IDLE as its front-end
would make sense.

Dipl.Inform. Dirk-Ulrich Heise
hei@adtranzsig.de
dheise@debitel.net