[Idle-dev] idle eats code

Christoph.Herzog@urz.uni-heidelberg.de Christoph.Herzog@urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:28:17 +0200

Hi,
I hope this is not too off topic or covered before. The phenomenon is this: while
editing a python file under windows 2000, IDLE (0.8, python 2.1) suddenly
crashes vanishing completely (closing the python interpreter as well). The evil
thing is that the .py file having been worked on is exactly 0 byte after the crash,
although having been saved before, there is nothing left. Unfortunately (or rather
fortunately) this happens rarely, so that I did not manage to reproduce the bug,
however, it seems severe enough and I have the impression that it might be
connected with either using the clipboard under Windows or with a bug in
Tkinter (probably a Tcl-bug) with the internal utf8-representation of the text-
widget. (I have reported this; cf. request ID #418173 )
regards
Christoph