[Idle-dev] idle-fork, merging 2x SPE patches

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:34:29 -0400

> Guido van Rossum writes:
>  > Yet another option would be to look into xmlrpclib, which has just
>  > been accepted as an official standard library module in Python 2.2.
>
>   I suspect the XML overhead would be too high compared to the work
> being done.  I also don't think you actually solve any of the security
> problems that way.

I wasn't thinking of XML-RPC to solve the security or performance
problems (although with expat, xmlrpclib seems to perform well!).  I
was thinking of using xmlrpclib rather than a home-grown RPC protocol.