[Tutor] Re: [Edu-sig] RE: [Idle-dev] IDLE's save-before-run requirement

Mats Wichmann mats@laplaza.org
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:57:25 -0600

 >And it would be
 >nice if these were GUI independent so that we could go from Tkinter to
 >wxWindows, for example, if we wanted to.

I once asked about something like this.  I believe right now
IDLE, at least, is not constructed in such a way that it
would be easy to rip out the Tkinter dependence so it could
be changed to something else, either permanently or for
plug-replacable graphics toolkits.

I wonder how much work that really would be, and if anybody
has any interest in it.  Not sure if there's really enough
value to be gained to make it worthwhile.

Mats