Fwd: Re: [Tutor] [Edu-sig] [Idle-dev] IDLE's save-before-run requirement

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:11:27 -0400

Hi Stephen (what's your last name???).

Your plan sounds good to me.  You can be the project coordinator for
IDLE, and you keep me in the loop to help you decide on crucial
issues.

The list of things you want to do looks good except I'm not keen on
templates (I find them crutches).  Your first goal ought to be to get
the idle-fork project up to the same level as the current Python CVS
version of IDLE.  Then I can check in the "remote" options and you can
take it from there.

If you want to I can add you to the project admins right now, but I'd
like to wait a bit until I hear from David Scherer (who is the
originator).

David, I hope you're on this list!