[Tutor] [Edu-sig] [Idle-dev] IDLE's save-before-run requireme nt

ROBINSON Julian jprobinson@oxford.gov.uk
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:00:40 +0100

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

> kbk@shore.net wrote
>
> 4. Very usable by relatively inexperienced people.
>
> IMHO IDLE should remain at roughly the (apparent) level of complexity it's
> at
> (or less?) to avoid reducing its usability for beginning/intermediate
> programmers.

- As someone who's working through the tutorials IDLE is perfect. I don't
need a fancy
IDE to get the hang of the language. When I get enough experience to write
large programmes
then my need for an all singing & dancing IDE will increase, but until
then......
- The set-up for IDLE is easy, I managed to do it first time. I downloaded
JBuilder and this package took me ages to set up so that I could use it even
halfway properly, this has put me off 'getting into' Java. Whereas after
about 2 mins, following the clear instructions I was able to start entering
Python code and see how the language worked, and have never looked
back.......

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.
If you received this email in error please notify the sender by return email or contact Oxford City Council's IS dept. 01865-252111.
http://www.oxford.gov.uk
.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--