[Idle-dev] mods?

StephenM.Gava StephenM.Gava
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 20:14:40 +1000

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 03:59:am, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
> I'm not a registered developer for idlefork, so I'm not quite sure how best
> to submit the following changes. I gather that one mechanism is "patches",
> with which I'm not familiar. I'd be happy to submit this work in some other
> way, if someone would give me a microtutorial on how I should be doing
> this. Thanks!
>
> Bruce Sherwood

Hi Bruce.

Actually you don't have to be able to make real patches  (using patch) to
submit 'patches', or more acurately, coding contributions, to idlefork. Just
go to the idlefork home page ( http://idlefork.sourceforge.net/ )  and click
on the 'submit patches' link in the 'IDLEfork at SourceForge' section of the
sidebar. This will take you to the patches area of the idlefork sourceforge
site where you will see a list of patches currently in the system.

When you get there click on the 'Submit New' link, which will take you to a
page where you can enter your new patch.   Here you can eitther paste your
changes, along with some explanatory notes, directly into the 'Detailed
Description' box, or you can attach a file containig your code if you wish.

In either case please make sure you include some notes, or particularly
comments in the code, to explain your modifications or additions and their
purpose.

Thanks very much for contributing to the project. I meant to contact you
earlier in response to your contribution of your 'spawn fix' patch for the
windows platform, but I haven't regained reliable 'net access yet. Please
post again if you have any further questions about submitting 'patches' or
idlefork in general.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Stephen.