[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-475984 ] Usage message gets lost

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:13:52 -0800

Bugs item #475984, was opened at 2001-10-29 05:13
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=475984&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When idle is given the wrong command line arguments, it
prints a usage message on stdout and exits.

This works in the IDLE version in the Python CVS
repository.

But the idlefork IDLE in this case briefly brings up a
window, and immediately removes it again, before I can
read anything. I'm guessing the initiailization order
has been changed so that it prints the usage message to
an output window.

This is on Linux, but I bet it's also on Windows.