[Idle-dev] merge DS_RPC_BRANCH back to main?

Stephen M. Gava elguavas@python.net
07 Aug 2002 12:51:07 +1000

Kurt,
I was wondering whether it's time to do a merge of the branch I've been
working on back to the trunk?

Also, I'm keen to go back to working on (and therefore being able to
readily test, by default) the trunk myself. How much longer do you think
we others need to keep our commits on DS_RPC_BRANCH?

I think if we are going to head toward some alpha/testing releases we
need to get everyone back on the trunk, also, there are some changes I
need to make to track a recent major python/idle patch that overlap with
some that were made on MAIN a while back but not on DS_RPC_BRANCH, and
I'd like to avoid making the first lot of changes on the branch I've
been working on again as well as applying the new patches.

So, what do you think, has the SPE/RPC stuff settled down enough now
that other development can continue on the trunk as well now? Guido, do
you have an opinion on this as well?

Cheers,
Stephen.
--