[Idle-dev] is this feature implemented?

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:38:10 -0500

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:06:10AM -0500, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:

> > It'd be really nice to have an automatic indent of a line when using
> > the "TAB" key anywhere on the line, this feature exist in the python
> > emacs mode and is REALLY nice and a total time-saver.  Also, having
> > the possibility to see which parentheses/brackets you're closing while
> > typing (as in a lot of editors) would be really nice
>
> I agree, smart tabs and smart parens are great emacs/Pythonmode
> features that I'd like to see in IDLE.  I miss them too.  Once we
> merge back into Python, would you have time to implement them?

Perhaps I'll take a look once everything stabilizes.  Feel free
to remind me.  I have a short memory/attention span. :-)

I closed the feature request and updated PEP 42.  Thanks.

I found two more feature requests.  I believe one is done:  Printing.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=229840&group_id=5470&atid=355470

It'd be really nice if idle had a print function, all these nice
colors got to be printed ! or at least a postscript output would be
nice.

--

I'm not sure what the old IDLE had, but I see the print menu.  Did the
original have printing, but not color printing?

The other one is:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=230359&group_id=5470&atid=355470

When selecting "Run module" in the shell window, an error message
"The buffer Python Shell is not saved..." is produced.

Since running the shell window will fail in any case, these menu items
should be removed from the shell window.

--

Let me know if I should update these.

Thanks,
Neal