[Idle-dev] Created the Branch for DS RPC

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk@shore.net
05 Jun 2002 17:50:21 -0400

I just created a new branch rooted at TAG_pre_teyc_gvr_rpc_patch.

The branch is labelled DS_RPC_BRANCH

It is intended to be the stable branch of Idlefork while work proceeds
integrating the GvR RPC code.  Users are invited to try both branches.
Please note that the MAIN trunk is liable to be severely broken for
awhile :) We will occasionally place tags on MAIN indicating
relatively stable test versions; it may take awhile to get to the
first one :)

To check out a copy of the stable branch (if you don't already have a
copy of Idlefork):

cvs co -rDS_RPC_BRANCH idlefork

To move from the MAIN (GvR RPC) to the stable (DS RPC) branch:

cvs up -rDS_RPC_BRANCH

To move back to MAIN (GvR RPC):

cvs up -A

I'm now going to re-apply Geiger Ho's patch, which occurred after the
branch, to DS_RPC_BRANCH.

The plan is to continue non-RPC development on DS_RPC_BRANCH.  I will
merge that work into MAIN occasionally.  Work specific to the new RPC
design would be done on HEAD, of course.

KBK